How much is your solar investment worth? Here are some of the true benefits of solar powered roofs for your home or office.
1) Protection from rising electric rates: By owning and generating your own power, you will no longer be subject to brunt of utility rate hikes.
2) Lower electrical bills: During daylight hours, your electric meter will feed clean solar power to the power grid with solar energy credits; during the night hours, you will take power from the grid with Net Metering. This means cheap solar power. In fact, your utility company will credit your bill for the solar energy you produced for them and you will see a reduced electrical bill of at least 40-80%, depending on your current usage.
3) Increased property value: Using conservative estimates, one of the major solar benefits of a PV system is that it will increase your Year 1 property value by approximately $18,000 per unit.
4) A long lifetime with low maintenance: Solar power systems are warranted for 25 years, and require only occasional rinsing to clear dust and obstructions. That's just one more benefit of solar energy that pays long-term residuals.
5) Environmentally responsible: By making a solar investment in PV panels, you'll be doing your part to combat global warming, while actually lowering your dependence on foreign oil and gas.
6) Sustainable and renewable: Among all solar power benefits, a simple solar power fact is that the sun is a 100% free, sustainable, infinite energy source. As a natural source of power, we will never run out of it or use it up to refuel our vehicles, to heat our water or to light our homes.